At PointSource we partner with our clients to craft intentional, unique digital strategies. Our partners can expect a collaborative and agile cross-functional team approach with a focus on creative user-centered solutions.
Our growing design team is searching for a Designer seeking a product focused role that has a demonstrated passion for the web and mobile space, and has complex interface / application design experience.
As a Designer for our team, you will work closely with cross discipline teams of Business Analysts, other Designers, and Developers to translate business goals into engaging product solutions. Using Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, and associated tools, you'll design journey maps, wireframes, visual designs, prototyping, and work with the development team to ensure a well crafted user experience from the project start to the final execution.
You'll work onsite in our Raleigh office, collaborating with a set of awesome peers that cut across strategy, product, design, and development among others.
- Creating modern and effective designs that balance delightful user experiences with business requirements
- Ensuring a consistent brand experience for users across all devices
- Building visual prototypes
- Compiling detailed pattern libraries, style guides and design specification documents
- Working closely with developers to ensure a well-crafted user experience
- Articulating complex ideas to project teams and clients and facilitating collaborative design sessions
- Remaining open to new ideas and perspectives
- Keeping up with the latest methods, tools, and trends in patterns relating to responsive web and app design
- Impressive portfolio showcasing a great sense of color, typography and clean responsive interface design
- Effective at problem solving, collaboration, and iteration
- Understanding of complex design systems that span multiple platforms
- Collaborative nature and genuine desire to do great work. Design divas who put personal portfolio over team results need not apply.
- Willingness to frequently test designs with users and then iterate based on findings
- Experience working hand-in-hand with other designers and front-end developers
- Experience building visual prototypes (we use InVision)
- Strong Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch skills
- Basic understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Very articulate, both verbal and in writing, with client facing confidence
- Willingness to listen
- Highly organized, with a demonstrated ability to track details on several projects simultaneously
- 4+ years experience in the design field with at least 2 of those with an emphasis in mobile ( software / application design a plus )
- Deep experience in retail, insurance, or supply chain/logistics industries
- Working on Agile teams
- Experience on large cross-disciplinary teams that include project managers, strategists, business analysts, UX designers, technical architects, and developers
- Agency experience
- Designing for big brands
*Must submit an online portfolio of work in order to be considered.